"Mini Plant" Large Scale Three Phase Separator
The primary separation operation for crude oil occurs when the crude stream flows through a vessel of sufficient capacity to allow gravitational separation of the gas, liquid hydrocarbon and water phases. This process trainer blends air, water and refined oil to emulate a crude oil stream. This fluid mixture then flows into a horizontal separator vessel fabricated of clear PVC. Gas flow passes through a secondary vertical 2-phase separator, or knock-out ports to remove any further liquids from the gas stream. The separator is equipped with industry-typical process instrumentation. The entire trainer is controlled from a distributed control system (DCS).
- Continuously variable flow of process fluids: air, water and oil
- Liquids are recycled, air is vented
- Time to reach steady state after a reasonable step change – less than 20 minutes
Equipment Specification Highlights:
- Industrial Standard PLC/SCADA or DCS
- Instruments by specific manufacturers on request
Instrument Air Option:
This trainer can be supplied with a dedicated air compressor/receiver/drier to provide the required instrument quality air on request.